24-Hour Family Violence Helpline
Phone: 403.234.7233 (SAFE) Toll-Free: 1.866.606.7233 (SAFE)
The Family Violence Helpline is often the first contact for people reaching out for support. Our Helpline counsellors answer the phone 24 hours per day, 365 days a year. They provide counselling, safety planning, referrals and information in multiple languages.
Last year (2016), the Helpline received more than 11,993 calls. This included thousands of requests to stay at the Shelter and gain access to other programs provided at the Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter.
A Family Violence Helpline counsellor provides FREE of charge:
- Help and support
- Escape and Safety planning
- Information and referrals
- Intake into the Emergency Shelter
- Intake for other programs provided at Calgary Women's Emergency Shelter
- Support in leaving an abusive partner
- Support to be safe while with an abusive partner
- Parenting support
- Help for men who want to stop being abusive