The Court Program provides coordinated, early, and ongoing intervention for women and their children who have experienced or are currently experiencing family violence, and who need to access legal services to ensure the safety of their family.
The Court Case Coordinator:
- Provides a single point of entry to the multitude of legal and court services available to clients
- Will assist women to explore their options, providing as much information as needed so that the client can make the best choice for herself and family
- Assists clients to connect with legal advice, duty counsel, court workers, Crown Prosecutors, and police as needed.
- Provides information about navigating the legal/court system.
- Accompanies clients to legal and court appointments.
- Gives referrals to appropriate legal assistance.
- Assists clients with applications, connect with process servers, and file documents.
- Ensures client’s non-legal needs are also met.
Thanks to our generous supporter of the Court Program: